The student news site of Providence High School

The Prowl

Four of the best fast-food Mexican chains in Charlotte

Mexican food chains in 
Charlotte

Mexican food chains in Charlotte

Mexican food chains in Charlotte

Abby Davis, Staff Reporter

Whether it’s right after school or 1 o’clock in the morning, everyone knows mexican food is always a go-to. But we are starting to wonder: which fast-food restaurant is the very best? Well, we have taken it upon ourselves to bravely try the four best mexican fast-food places in Charlotte, according to the Prowl Staff, and here are the groundbreaking results:

#4: Moe’s

Bringing up the rear is Moe’s, unfortunately not able to make a lasting impression on our judges. Moe’s was founded in 2000 in Atlanta, Georgia with over 600 locations, and their “rally cry” is “Welcome to Moe’s”. The chicken burrito ordered was $8.00, which came with with free chips and a salsa bar, so things might sound pretty good. However, compared to the other restaurants, Moe’s was not only dirty but, unfortunately, the food did not taste as good as the others. When unwrapped, the tortilla was soggy, and the burrito just did not taste as good as the others. The servers were nice, but the wait to order was really slow, enough to knock them down to last place.

#3: Chipotle

To the public eye, Chipotle is a classic, possibly even a favorite. However, when compared to the other restaurants, it seemed the Stonecrest Chipotle did not meet up to the high standards once thought of them. The chicken burrito was priced around $6.50, but guacamole was $1.95 extra, the highest of the four places. In online reviews, Chipotle is compared to being the “Mcdonalds of mexican chains”, and after our own review, we completely agree. When you open up their website, they reveal their beef does not meet some of their own standards, when a notification pops up warning you about their beef not meeting some of their antibiotic protocols. While the service was nice, we were left with a stomach ache after, and after research on online reviews, so were many other customers.

#2: Qdoba

The runner up was the Qdoba on Siskey Parkway, with good service, and a clean restaurant, this was immediately one of the favorites. The chicken burrito cost about $7.80, and came with free guacamole. The taste was good, the chicken and rice, as well as other key ingredients, blended together well without falling apart. One difference was their options between Tequila-Lime chicken and regular, which was a nice surprise.

#1: Salsarita’s

Coming in first place was Salsarita’s! Their high-quality service and low prices immediately stood out to the judges. Their chicken burrito was between $6-7, a lower price compared to the others. Even though their guacamole and queso was $1.00 extra, the taste was by far the best, and their customer service was outstanding, with smiles and all around good attitudes from the workers. Their restaurant also had a clean and upbeat environment, and the food was made quickly. All of these things contributed to the good experiences that led to Salsarita’s being number one.

Now that we know what the best mexican restaurant is, we can finally eat our burritos in peace.